{{The first part of this dare is fairly simple. Although love is
communicated in a number of ways, our words often reflect the condition
of our heart. For the next day, resolve to demonstrate patience and to
say nothing negative to your spouse at all. If the temptation arises,
choose to not say anything. It's better to hold your tongue than to say
something you'll regret.}}
A couple of nights ago, B and I got in bed and Fireproof was on. I fell asleep. but secretly was hoping that B would cntinue watching, maybe gaining some perspective on how he should treat me. For a couple of days after that I realized I had lost the point a little. Somewhere in being angry at B for our problems I didn't see that the point of the movie is that I need to work on myself, before expecting to be treated well by others.
I have a copy of the love dare somewhere but I couldn't find it. Luckily I have found it online, which prompted me to then create this outlet. Something that isn't for others eyes, but a way to keep myself in check as well as document my struggles and frustrations, as I am sure there will be may of those as I dig deeper into my heart and my marriage.
So today's dare was easy. Simply because in the day to day hustle and bustle I don't have a lot of opportunity to actually talk to my husband. Sometimes we talk at lunch but today we didn't. I am anxious for him to get home so that I can put this into practice. I am equally eager for the days to come, to see where this takes us!
No comments:
Post a Comment